Terms and Conditions
2020 eMoney Advisor Virtual Summit Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions shall govern your attendance at the 2020 eMoney Advisor Virtual Summit (the “Summit”). By registering for the Summit, you agree to these Terms and Conditions which form a binding agreement between the Summit’s host, eMoney Advisor, LLC (“eMoney”) and the registered attendee or participant (“you”).
II. REFUND AND CANCELLATION
- Your registration entitles you to admittance to the Summit. You may not transfer, sell or share your registration. Any and all costs associated with your attendance are your responsibility.
- You agree that the Summit will be held virtually in an online environment. Any technical requirements such as a computer, internet access and current versions of software (such as an internet browser) are your responsibility to obtain. If there is any software that is specifically required to attend the Summit, eMoney will provide you with such software via online download. Failure to either have or download the requisite software may result in you being unable to attend the Summit and will not entitle you a refund of your registration fee. eMoney disclaims any liability due to harm caused by any software required to attend the Summit.
- You agree that eMoney, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change any and all aspects of the Summit, including the content, speakers, sponsors, venue and time with or without advance notice.
- eMoney may, in its sole discretion, refuse admittance or expel from the Summit anyone that it determines is behaving in a manner that could be disruptive to the Summit or any other attendee.
- You may not record audio or video of the Summit.
- By attending the Summit, you grant eMoney the right at the Summit and during any Summit session that you are attending, to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from or any payment to you.
- You agree to abide by the eMoney Code of Conduct (the “Code”) at all times. The Code can be found at https://emoneyadvisor.com/code-of-conduct/. Your failure to abide by the Code can result in your immediate removal from the Summit without refund.
III. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Registrants for the Summit may cancel their registration for a full refund before 11:59PM on Monday, October 5, 2020. Cancellations made after Monday October 5, 2020 will receive a partial refund of 50%.
- Non-Speaking Sponsors may cancel their sponsorship for a partial refund of 50% before 11:59 pm on Monday, October 5, 2020. Refunds will not be issued for any cancellations made after October 5, 2020.
- In order to request a refund, you must contact eMoney by email at: email@example.com or telephone at: 610.684.1100 ext.4053. Refunds will be processed and paid within four weeks after the conclusion of the Summit.
- Speaking Sponsors are further bound by the terms of the Speaker Agreement, provided at the time of registration.
- eMoney gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the Summit or any materials related thereto or offered at the Summit and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing these Terms and Conditions, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, non-infringement and merchantability. The Summit is provided on an "as-is" basis. eMoney does not accept any responsibility or liability for reliance by you or any person on any aspect of the Summit or any information provided at the Summit.
- Except as required by law, eMoney shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Summit or other aspect related thereto or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
- The maximum aggregate liability of eMoney for any claim in any way connected with, or arising from, the Summit or these Terms and Conditions, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), shall be limited to the amount paid by you to eMoney under these Terms and Conditions.
IV. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- All intellectual property rights in and to the Summit, the Summit content, and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Summit are owned by eMoney or the Summit sponsors or speakers at the Summit. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks (including without limitation "eMoney Advisor Summit") or other trade names appearing at the Summit, in any Summit content or in any materials distributed at or in connection with the Summit for any reason without the prior written permission of eMoney. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any trademarks or other intellectual property rights owned or used under license by eMoney; nor do these Terms and Conditions grant to you any right or license to any other intellectual property rights of eMoney, all of which shall at all times remain the exclusive property of eMoney.
- eMoney may share your registration information, and you hereby give eMoney permission to share your information, with eMoney’s affiliates, Summit sponsors and other Summit attendees.
- eMoney’s failure to exercise any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. eMoney shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond eMoney’s reasonable control. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. These Terms and Conditions are not assignable, transferable or sub-licensable by you except with eMoney’s prior written consent. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Pennsylvania courts. A party that substantially prevails in an action brought under these Terms and Conditions entitled to recover from the other party its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. Both parties agree that these Terms and Conditions are the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions, and that all modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of these Terms and Conditions and you acknowledge that you do not have any authority of any kind to bind eMoney in any respect whatsoever.